Shire is the leading global biotechnology company focused on serving people with rare diseases and other highly specialized conditions. We have best-in-class products available in more than 100 countries across core therapeutic areas including Hematology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Lysosomal Storage Disorders, Gastrointestinal / Internal Medicine / Endocrine and Hereditary Angioedema; a growing franchise in Oncology; and an emerging, innovative pipeline in Ophthalmic.
Our employees come to work every day with a shared mission: to develop and deliver breakthrough therapies for the hundreds of millions of people in the world affected by rare diseases and other high-need conditions, and who lack effective therapies to live their lives to the fullest.
- Lead a variety of safety programs for the Plant to include but not limited to: Electrical Safety, Lockout Tagout, Machine Guarding, Freezer Safety, Industrial Vehicles, Dock Safety, and Warehouse Safety. Ensures those programs are in compliance with all applicable legal and corporate requirements.
- Provides cross functional leadership to ensure all assigned programs are created, effectively implemented, and regularly monitored to ensure each program remains in compliance with all legal and Company requirements. Act as an EHS business partner and provide EHS customer support for a department or area of the facility. Facilitate and support department safety committee meetings, EHS management inspections, incident investigations, and CAPA closures in those areas. Drive continuous improvement of all assigned programs to reduce the level of risk. Provide technical assessments, conducts training, prepare regulatory reports, and coach and advise employees on all aspects of safety.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Health and Safety or related field is required. Master’s degree preferred.
- 5 – 10 years of experience directly working in EHS or 3 Years minimum experience with a Master’s Degree.
- Training and job experience which demonstrates a strong understanding of the following Safety programs: Electrical Safety, Lockout Tagout, Machine Guarding, Freezer Safety, Industrial Vehicles, Dock Safety, and Warehouse Safety
- Display Shire’s Leadership Behaviors: BE Positive, BE Accountable, BE an Excellent Manager of Self and Others, and BE Results-Driven.
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Ability to manage conflicts
- Ability to complete a project from beginning to end by leading a cross functional team
- Must be self-motivated and have a high level of energy, focused on generating results
- Must display personal accountability for results and demonstrate intellectual honesty
- Must have respect for individuals and the diverse contributions of all
- Must be able to create presentations and conduct training without assistance
- Ability to communicate well to a wide variety of audiences
- Must display eagerness to learn and willingness to continuously improve
- Demonstrate high potential for continued professional growth within EHS
- Ability to deal with ambiguity well when making decisions
- Ability to take decisive action when little information is known or available
- Ability to navigate and understand Governmental regulations and interpretation letters to make decisions on complex regulatory aspects that impact the Plant.