This position will assist in the development and execution of a strong EHS conscience throughout the operation. Support the development, coordination and execution of training programs. Provide full time environmental health and safety support to the operations and will ensure that all practices are in compliance.
WORKING PROCEDURES: (Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.)
- Practice safe working techniques and re-inforce the safety policies, guidelines, and procedures as set out by the company.
- Understand, support, implement, and enforce compliance to all company safety policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Improve plant wide overall safety and environmental conscience by strengthening EHS Compliance and Culture and then living it.
- Ensure that every employee has a safe work environment, free from recognized hazards.
- Promote and encourage safe work habits and the immediate communication of unsafe conditions.
- Ensure legislative compliance with OSHA, EPA, and Fire Codes.
- Interpret company policies to workers and enforce safety regulations.
- Provide new hire, regular, annual, spot and on-going safety training.
- Maintain Safety Data Sheets (SDS) and participate in HazCom training initiatives.
- Perform facility walk-throughs on a regular basis conducting assessments on ways to increase safety.
- Complete regular checks on safety equipment.
- Investigate and maintain records for all work related injuries and/or illnesses, provide statistical analysis, and assist department management in the development of effective health and safety counter-measures to continuously improve safety objectives.
- Participate in Accident Investigations as required and correct unsafe conditions in a prudent and timely manner.
- Look for and identify ways to increase safety and productivity simultaneously.
- Maintain a personal follow-up checklist to manage project progression.
- Focus on immediate containment of issues followed by long-term solutions to issues.
- Be a visible leader.
QUALIFICATIONS (Experience/Education/Skills required)
- Health and Safety experience in a manufacturing facility (preferred)
- Maintenance experience, 2-3 years (preferred)
- Associates Degree (preferred)
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills as well as strong organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Exhibits positivity, passion, integrity and responsibility.