SA Recycling/ Newell Recycling (http://www.newellrecycling.com/ ) is a leader in the metal recycling industry, with 55 locations in 4 Western states and more than 1,200 employees. We have immediate opening for a Regional Environmental Health and Safety Manager for our Doraville, GA location.
The Regional EHS Manager will supervise storm water, air, hazardous waste, and universal waste programs at assigned facilities in the region. Ensure assigned facilities are complying with corporate environmental policies. Implement corporate safety and general OSHA compliance programs, ensuring best management practices are employed.
Duties Include but not limited to:
- Auditing facilities in the Georgia region for EHS compliance.
- Ensuring all assigned facilities meet environmental standards.
- Reporting the results of environmental contaminant analyses, and recommending appropriate corrective measures.
- Assisting production supervisors with the collection and disposal of non-standard equipment and chemicals.
- Working with operation managers, safety committees, and supervisors to implement consistent, standardized processes / policies.
- Participating in accident & injury investigations and corrective actions.
- Completing weekly and monthly health & safety inspections and reporting requirements.
- Implementing proactive health, safety, & environmental policies, programs, training, injury trend analysis, and OSHA, & EPA compliance.
- Fluent in English & Spanish
- An Associate or Bachelor degree in a science related program or equivalent in experience
- 2-5 years previous experience in a similar role
- Previous supervisor / management experience.
- HAZWOPER training & experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively with regulators, insurance specialists, and legal professionals, as well as employees who may have been affected by an injury.
- Previously completed OSHA 30-hour training in general industry safety & health hazard recognition & prevention.
Interested? Send a copy of your resume to Mrichardson@newellrecycling.com or call Kim Richardson at 404-766-1621.