ADP is hiring a Risk Consultant to be based out of the Alpharetta area. Interested candidates can apply online at jobs.adp.com, and use keyword ‘140170’ to locate the position.
In this role you will use a very broad technical expertise complimented by the professionalism and collaborative style required in a Key Account client facing service role. Excellent analytical skills are needed to identify, analyze and collaborate with our Key Accounts on developing goal specific risk management services/action plans. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are needed in the interaction with prospective clients and client’s Executive Management.
The primary job function is to provide world class worksite safety, health and risk management consultation services to our Key Accounts.
Working closely with the Sales Professionals, the Risk Consultant will participate in the Sales process by presenting and discussing the ADP TotalSource value proposition utilizing relevant industry data and “success stories” to deliver a positive message about ADP TotalSource risk consultation services. The Risk Consultant will regularly develop and provide information pertaining to the risk management consulting function, capabilities and successes to the Sales Professionals.
The position requires the effective use of claims, risk data and client input to assist Key Clients in the identification of significant employee safety and health challenges, and opportunity for improvements. The Risk Consultant will develop and present action plans intended to effectively manage and control the most significant employee safety and health risks, reduce insured and uninsured costs, improve the client’s insurance favorability and minimize liability to ADP. The Risk Consultant will manage the execution of the risk management service plan, participating and accessing/engaging other ADP TotalSource and external resources as needed. Acting as the client’s trusted advisor, the Risk Consultant will provide ongoing progress reports on the status of the service plan implementation and the performance/results of key metrics impact to the clients.
The Risk Consultant will coordinate consulting activities with the HR Business Partners and other service teams, with the focus on coordination and integration of service client plans and delivering a seamless, coordinated valued service package that enhances ADP image as a professional, effective and valued partner.
At ADP we are driven by your success. We engage your unique talents and perspectives. We welcome your ideas on how to do things differently and better. In your efforts to achieve, learn and grow, we support you all the way. If success motivates you, you belong at ADP.
We strive for every interaction to be driven by our CORE values: Insightful Expertise, Integrity is Everything, Service Excellence, Inspiring Innovation, Each Person Counts, Results-Driven, & Social Responsibility.
- Sales: Support the sales process by participating within prospect
- Provide continuing education to Sales professionals on the roles, capabilities and advantages to key clients in utilizing our Risk Consulting
- Support the ADP TotalSource value proposition by preparing and communicating to Sales client-specific and/or cumulative consulting “success stories”.
- Risk Consultant Client Satisfaction and Retention: Provide “world class” risk consulting services to our key clients by conducting the following:
- Using available data to identify the primary root cause of workers injury claims and cost
- Analyze the degree to which inherent hazards and exposure are controlled/managed.
- Develop consulting service goals and objectives based upon frequency and cost
- Recalibrate the consulting service goals and objectives to factor client’s
- Develop a consulting service/action plan that incorporates identifying unambiguous action steps, responsible parties, and reasonable implementation time
- In order to support staffing planning and work management goals, consulting time budgets should be established for each risk service
- Implement/manage service plan delivery, participating and engaging external resources as
- Provide periodic plan execution status updates to client, HRBPs and other TotalSource
- Evaluate impact of service plan activities upon client safety
- Regularly communicate to Client, Risk Management, HRBPs and
- Must possess technical expertise and capabilities sufficient to assist clients within the basic loss control disciplines and across the range of more commonly-encountered operations and associated
- Internal Coordination and Integration: The Risk Consultant should have an excellent understanding of the ADP TotalSource business model and plan, and roles and capabilities of the other ADP TotalSource departments in order to support proper alignment of objectives and activities, and contribute as an ambassador to the image of ADP TotalSource as a high-performing, professional employer organization (PEO).
- This will be accomplished by participating in joint prospect/client presentations, service planning meetings and cross-functional training and educational
- Professional Development: Pursue and maintain at least one professional designation (CSP, CIH, CPE, ARM, CPCU, )
- Participate within all ADP TotalSource Risk Consulting and Risk training initiatives and
- Attend at least one interpersonal /sales skills training seminar initially and as
- Submit work products/reports for quality assurance review and maintain acceptable assessment
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- 5 – 8 Years of Directly Related Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree Occupational Safety and Health, Industrial Hygiene, Ergonomics, Engineering, Risk Management or related
- Appropriate experience may be substituted for educational
- Practical experience as an insurance company loss control representative, independent safety consultant, related insurance company position or Professional Employer Organization (PEO) or Administrative Service Offering (ASO).
- Appropriate safety professional job experience within an industrial setting would also be considered as would post-graduate education in risk management, engineering, safety, occupational health or similar fields could be substituted for experience
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Preference will be given to candidates who have the following:
- Some Master’s Level Coursework Preferred
- ASP, CSP, ARM or CIH preferred
- Technical risk management Skills – Must be able to effectively identify and evaluate the most challenging risk management challenges and issues and develop corrective service plans designed to address these
- Must possess current knowledge pertaining to loss control and regulatory compliance strategies and focus on solving problems as opposed to merely submitting
- Verbal Communications – Must be capable of eliciting, supporting and sustaining effective two-way communications with both prospects/clients and other ADP TotalSource
- Must fully understand and be capable of presenting the Loss Control function, role and capabilities and how they relate to the responsibilities and objectives of the other ADP TotalSource departments and how they can be effective in favorably impacting the client’s operational and financial
- Must be an excellent listener and approach all interactions and communications in a collaborative, non- dictatorial
- Must present a poised, confident and professional
- Interpersonal Skills – Consultant must maintain an amiable, empathetic demeanor with both external prospects/clients and internal colleagues and must be capable of recognizing that the client is the decision
- Consultant must display a friendly but professional “bedside “
- Organizational Skills – Must be capable of developing, tracking and managing multiple client service/action plans
- Written Communications – Must be capable of capturing and communicating ideas, strategies, plans and results in a concise, understandable
- Flexible/Adaptable – Consultant must be able to adopt and support multiple positions based upon specific circumstances and client needs and avoid assuming a “one size fits all”