Delta Global Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of Delta Air Lines Inc, has a Safety Coordinator job in New York, NY through our Staffing Division. This Safety Coordinator job will require the individual to be responsible for the following.
- Participate in weekly Progress Meeting
- Monitor and ensure the correction of non-conforming work
- Review Clients Safety and Security Plans, and Hazardous Communications Manuals and create client specific safety plan
- Plan strategy for monitoring contractors safety compliance during performance of daily activities
- Identify deficiencies for corrective action
- Facilitate reporting, investigation, and corrective action in case of incidents
- Develop, maintain and execute procedures to observe and verify performance of construction safety and security activities
- Maintain documentation in retrievable state for evidence of safety and security implementation
- Follow-up with Contractors to ensure deficiencies in safety and security programs are corrected in a reasonable timeframe
- Coordinate with Manager contractual safety and security requirements as well as corrective actions required by client
- Coordinate safety inspections/monitoring with client representatives, the Program Safety Manager, and others as required
- Prepare weekly report on observances, deficiencies, and corrective actions
- 3 years of experience in safety or previous experience as a Safety Officer
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety Management, Occupational Safety, Construction Management, or related technical field; in lieu of degree, an additional 4 years of experience may be substituted for degree
- Must have strong verbal communication skills
Delta Global Services – Staffing Division (DGS) has been ranked among Atlanta’s Top 25 Staffing Agencies by the Atlanta Business Chronicle for 14 consecutive years. DGS have over 170 locations in 49 states and we are the only staffing firm offering flight privileges to our employees, creating value for our clients and personnel.
To be considered for the Safety Coordinator Job in New York, NY, contact
Mia H. Zeisig
DGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.