In today’s world of technology, the recruitment and matching process has become automated, and personal relationships have become something of the past – we’re on a mission to change that! TalentStream specializes in helping organizations find top talent in the Engineering, Manufacturing and Supply Chain space. We provide talent on a Direct Hire and Contract-to-Hire basis.
We are currently working with a client who is seeking qualified candidates for a SAFETY MANAGER based out of their Albany, GA location.
This position will be responsible for ensuring that safe working practices are integrated into all activities and well as leading the local risk assessment program to ensure hazards are identified and controlled, risks are evaluated and assessed, and suitable countermeasures are implemented and systemized.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Our client is an established manufacturer in Georgia and is currently looking for a SAFETY MANAGER to join their team.
ABOUT THE JOB
Job functions for the SAFETY MANAGER position include, but are not be limited to:
- Manage implementation and continuous improvement of Company’s EHS Management Systems, procedures and practices, and local legislative requirements to achieve a safe and healthy working environment across all site business activities.
- Integrate legal and other EHS requirements into the operational business and monitor compliance.
- Develop and implement systems to ensure that safe working practices are integrated into all activities.
- Lead the local risk assessment program to ensure environmental aspects and safety hazards are identified and controlled, risks are evaluated and assessed, and suitable countermeasures are implemented and effective.
- Formulate recommendations to site leadership using risk-based prioritization of EHS corrective and preventive actions and audit findings.
- Determine, track and make recommendations to site leadership on annual EHS targets and objectives.
- Partner with line management to develop and implement site-specific action plans to achieve EHS objectives and improve EHS performance.
- Design, develop and deliver EHS training programs
- Implement processes so that all incidents, near misses and potential non-compliances are identified, reported and thoroughly investigated with appropriate and effective corrective actions taken.
- Develop, implement, and test emergency procedures and co-ordinate with external emergency services.
- Ensure appropriate environmental and personal health monitoring is conducted and that industrial hygiene programs are in place and effective.
- Conduct compliance inspections and EHS Management System audits to verify conformance with local and Company standards.
- Manage and monitor chemical inventory and chemical management practices and oversee site PPE program.
- Implement, manage and lead Behavior-Based Safety (BBS) efforts across the site.
- Establish, track, and trend key EHS performance indicators and develop reports and recommendations for improvement.
- Support the operational management in the control of contractors and visitors.
- Actively participate on the Safety Team. Lead and develop site Safety Committees.
- Conduct EHS Peer Audits and provide technical support to other facilities as needed.
To be considered for the SAFETY MANAGER position, candidates should meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health & Safety, Environmental Sciences or related degree. Extensive experience and/or certification as a Safety Professional may be considered in lieu of degree.
- More than 5 years of EHS professional experience in a manufacturing environment with at least 2 years leading an EHS program.
- Experience in developing and deploying EHS programs and Best Practices.
- Extensive experience of risk assessment in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated experience leading individuals and cross-functional teams.
- Experienced in auditing in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with environmental air permitting, MACT, waste management, waste water treatment processes, SPCC, and SWPPP.
- The ability to persuade and influence across all levels of an organization and outside of formal reporting lines.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Strong coaching, facilitating and training skills.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office, Powerpoint, Excel
- Highly motivated and results-driven. Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Team player with passion, drive and ability to self-start.
To apply for this position, please email resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com.